Angus Beef Eyeround
Freshly imported hand-selected grass-fed beef from Australia. Young Prime grade. Economical beef cut ideal for lighter menus. Great when enhanced with value-added marinades, sauces, accompaniment and side dishes.
Young Prime Grade (Below 36 months of age)
100% Australian Heritage
100% Free Range
100% Hormone & Antibiotic Free
100% Fresh and Chilled. The natural colour and the weight of the actual products may be slightly different from those shown on site.
Suggested cooking method: Suitable for slow oven-roast on special/festive occasions, braising/stew, serve as steak
Eyeround Roast Recipe
Cook time: 2 hrs 40 mins
- 1pc boneless eye-round roast, approx 2.6kg
- 3-4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- A day before cooking the roast, sprinkle and rub the salt evenly over the meat. Wrap it with cling wrap and refrigerate it overnight, or at least for 6 hours.
- Place the oven rack in the middle and preheat the oven to 160°C. Remove the roast from the refrigerator and use paper towels to dry excess moisture from the meat. Rub the roast all around with the teaspoon of oil before evenly rubbing on the oregano, basil, and pepper.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it just begins to slightly smoke. Add the roast and sear until richly browned on all sides (including the sides and the ends), 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer the roast to a wire rack set inside with a baking sheet. Roast the meat for 1.5 – 2 hours, or until the meat reaches 50°C on a meat thermometer. Turn the oven off, leaving the roast in the oven for another 30-40 minutes, or until the roast reaches an internal temperature of 52°C for medium-rare or 60°C for medium. We do not recommend the roast to be past medium otherwise the meat will be too dry.
- Remove the roast from the oven and allow it to cool for at least 15 minutes. Slice the meat as thinly as possible and serve with roasted/sautéed potatoes, vegetables or any gravy of your choice.