Suggested cooking method: Perfect for whole roast, or herbal soup
Chinese Five-Spice Roast Chicken
Cook time: 1hr 25 mins
- 1 Hormone-free Santori Kampong Chicken
- 3 tsp sea salt
- 1½ tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp five-spice powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Remove giblets and excessive fat from chicken. Rinse chicken including the inside. Pat dry the outside and let it drip dry for an hour.
- Pan fry sea salt and ground white pepper over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Combine half of the pan fried pepper salt, five-spice powder, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Reserve the other half of the pepper salt for serving.
- Liberally sprinkle and gently rub mixture on the inside and outside of the chicken. Place chicken and allow it to dry for another hour.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Truss chicken by tying the lower part of the wings and legs together.
- Roast chicken in pre-heated oven on roasting rack underlined with oven tray for approximately 1 hour 15 minutes or until thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the inner thigh without touching the bone registers 68°C.
- Remove roasted chicken from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes before carving.
Serve chicken with slices of cucumber, shrimp crackers, and pepper salt.
Earn 5 points by reviewing this product.